- large eggs, separated
- 1 3/4 c
- powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 c
- flour, all purpose
- 1/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 2 tsp
- anise seed (ground,crushed or whole as you prefer))
How to Make Aniseed Cookies
- 1Grease and flour baking sheets.
- 2Beat egg yolks, powdered sugar and salt in a large bowl until pale and creamy.
- 3Beat egg whites until very stiff; fold into egg yolk mixture.
- 4Siftv flour, baking powder and aniseed onto egg mixture; fold in quickly but thoroughly.
- 5Fill a pastry bag fitted with a plain nozzle with cookie mixture.
- 6Pipe in small rounds onto prepared baking sheets.
- 7Let stand overnight to dry out.
- 8Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 9Bake cookies 20 minutes.
- 10Cool on rack.