Cinnamon Sugar Muddy Buddies (Puppy Chow)
7 cchex cereal, rice, corn or wheat
1 cpowdered sugar
1 tsppumpkin pie spices
1 1/2 tspgood quality cinnamon
1 tspvanilla extract
1 pkgcandyquik, vanilla flavor, melted
How to Make Cinnamon Sugar Muddy Buddies (Puppy Chow)
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a large cookie sheet for the final results. Set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave (30 seconds at a time), melt 12 oz of CandyQuik, be careful to melt it slowly to avoid burning.Stir constantly. Once melted and easy to stir, remove from heat, add vanilla and stir well.
- Put dry cereal in large mixing bowl, I use the largest Tupperware bowl they have! The more space you have to stir the easier it will be.
- In a small bowl mix powdered sugar and spices, mix well.
- Pour the warm CandyQuik slowly over the dry cereal and gently toss to coat. It takes many tosses so you have to be patient as it covers the cereal. Immediately add the powdered sugar/spice mix and gently toss over cereal until evenly coated.
- Turn the coated cereal out on to the parchment covered cookie sheet. Distribute the coated cereal evenly over the cookie sheet. Let cool, at least 2 hours. Package in gift bags or store covered on counter. Enjoy!