Orange Chiffon Cake
Recipe and photo adapted from Taste of Home.
1/2 tspbaking soda
3/4 corange juice, fresh
1/2 ccanola oil
2 Tbspgrated orange peel
1/2 tspcream of tartar
2 cpowdered sugar
2-4 Tbspfresh orange juice
1/2 tspgrated orange peel
How to Make Orange Chiffon Cake
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks, orange juice, oil and orange peel; add to dry ingredients.
Beat until well blended.
- In another large bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on high speed until stiff peaks form.
Fold into orange mixture.
- Gently spoon batter into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
Cut through the batter with a knife to remove air pockets.
Bake on the lowest rack at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
Immediately invert pan; cool completely.
Run a knife around sides and center tube of pan.
Invert cake onto a serving plate.
- GLAZE: Melt butter in a small saucepan; add remaining glaze ingredients.
Stir until smooth.
Pour over top of cake, allowing it to drizzle down sides.