Renee's Sour Cream Coffeecake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- enough milk to thin to desired drizzling consistency
How to Make Renee's Sour Cream Coffeecake
- 1Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease and flour a tube pan.
- 2Cream butter and 2 cups sugar; add vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition to keep batter smooth.
- 4Combine 3/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts. Spoon 1/3 batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/3 of the cinnamon nut mixture over batter. Repeat twice.
- 5Bake for 60 - 70 minutes or until cake tests done. A wooden skewer will come out clean when inserted into the center.
- 6Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 10 mins. in the pan.
- 7While cake is cooling, prepare the glaze by mixing all ingredients in bowl until drizzling consistency is reached.
- 8While cake is still warm, place on cake plate or pedestal and drizzle with glaze.