Key Lime Gooey Bars
I really amped up the lime flavor of the cake mix with some fresh lime juice and lime zest. It really adds a punch of fresh flavor to the bars and makes them go from “good” to “wow” in a jiffy.
A sprinkle of white chocolate chips in the center adds a pop of color and texture and provides some depth of flavor to these sweet and gooey bars. There is just no way you’re not going to love them. Promise.
I zested another lime and some lemon to go on top of the bars.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
115.25 oz box key lime cake mix (i used pillsbury)
1 stickunsalted butter, softened
1 largeegg, room temperature
1lime, zested and juiced
2/3 cwhite chocolate chips
2/3 csweetened condensed milk
·lemon and lime zest for top of bars
How to Make Key Lime Gooey Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x9 inch baking pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- Beat butter with a mixer until soft and fluffy.
- Add in cake mix, egg, lime juice and zest and continue beating until combined.
- Press about two-thirds of the cake mixture onto the bottom of the foil-lined baking pan.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips over the top.
- Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over the top of the chocolate
- Crumble the remaining cake mixture over the top of the sweetened condensed milk, trying to spread it out as much as possible. Press lightly.
- Bake for 29-32 minutes, or until edges start to brown.
- Let bars cool completely before cutting.
- Top with additional lime and lemon zest if desired.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.