Key Lime Gooey Bars
I really amped up the lime flavor of the cake mix with some fresh lime juice and lime zest. It really adds a punch of fresh flavor to the bars and makes them go from “good” to “wow” in a jiffy.
A sprinkle of white chocolate chips in the center adds a pop of color and texture and provides some depth of flavor to these sweet and gooey bars. There is just no way you’re not going to love them. Promise.
I zested another lime and some lemon to go on top of the bars.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 15.25 oz box key lime cake mix (i used pillsbury)
- 1 stick
- unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large
- egg, room temperature
- lime, zested and juiced
- 2/3 c
- white chocolate chips
- 2/3 c
- sweetened condensed milk
- lemon and lime zest for top of bars
How to Make Key Lime Gooey Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line a 9x9 inch baking pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- 3Beat butter with a mixer until soft and fluffy.
- 4Add in cake mix, egg, lime juice and zest and continue beating until combined.
- 5Press about two-thirds of the cake mixture onto the bottom of the foil-lined baking pan.
- 6Sprinkle white chocolate chips over the top.
- 7Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over the top of the chocolate
- 8Crumble the remaining cake mixture over the top of the sweetened condensed milk, trying to spread it out as much as possible. Press lightly.
- 9Bake for 29-32 minutes, or until edges start to brown.
- 10Let bars cool completely before cutting.
- 11Top with additional lime and lemon zest if desired.
- 12Store in an airtight container for up to a week.