Beer Cheese Super Bowl Cupcakes
Beer and cheese dip show up at every Super Bowl party. Beer cheese Super Bowl cupcakes are sure to be a new and unique (to say the least) addition to the same old thing. Oh, and let’s not forget that these Super Bowl cupcakes are topped with bacon and cheddar cream cheese frosting. Can you say artery clogging?
2 cbeer (i used bud select. i'm not usually a bud gal, but they do sponsor the super bowl, so i had to go there.)
2 stickplus 2 tablespoons, unsalted butter
2 cgrated cheddar (i'd go for the good stuff here. get something nice and sharp, not the cheap stuff that comes shredded in a bag.)
4 cdark brown sugar
1 1/4 csour cream
2 cpure vanilla extract
5 tspbaking soda
BACON CHEDDAR CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
16 ozcream cheese, room temperature (2-8 ounce packages)
1/2 cunsalted butter, room temperature
8 cpowdered sugar
1 1/4 cgrated cheddar
2 cbacon bits (about 12-16 strips of bacon)
How to Make Beer Cheese Super Bowl Cupcakes
- Make the Cupcakes:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Heat beer and butter in a large saucepan on medium-high heat until butter is melted.
- Add cheddar.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the sour cream with the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix the sour cream mixture into the beer mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda.
- Fold flour mixture into the batter.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 fill.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until inserted cake tester comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Make the Bacon Cheddar Cream Cheese Frosting:
Beat cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Add grated cheddar.
- Slowly mix in powdered sugar.
- Stir in bacon bits.
- How to Make Football Cupcake Toppers:
It’s simply a chocolate covered almond with white decorator gel on it. It’s so easy and so cute!