The Best Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The combination of oatmeal and chocolate in this recipe is SO delicious. These little cookies are so high on flavor that you'd never know they're low on guilt. The Test Kitchen
1/2 cmargarine softened
1/2 capplesauce, unsweetened
1 cpacked brown sugar
2 tspvanilla extract
1 1/4 cwhole wheat flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
2 1/2 cquick-cooking oats
1 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cchopped walnuts...opt.
How to Make The Best Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven 325
- In Lg. bowl, cream together the margarine, apple sauce.brown sugar, & white sugar until smooth.
- Beat eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, & salt;stir into the creamed mixture until just blended.
- Mix in the quick oats, walnuuts, & chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12 minutes, Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack.