Spelt flour and pecan nuts little delights
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
FOR THE DOUGH:
·180 g spelt flour (light)
·1 egg (largest, aprox. 95 g)
·90 g muscovado sugar (light brown)
·55 g butter (melted)
·1/2 tsp vanilla essence (1 vanillated sugar sachet)
·1/3 tsp soda bicarbonate
·1/2 tsp baking powder
·1 tbsp lemon juice (or cider vinegar)
·1/4 tsp salt
·oil (coconut oil or butter) for greasing
FOR THE NUT MIX (FILLING):
·130 g pecan nuts (finely chopped)
·90 g muscavado sugar (light brown)
·50 ml double cream
·2 tsp cacao powder (sieved)
·1 tsp vanilla
·1/4 tsp sea salt (optional) (coarse)
How to Make Spelt flour and pecan nuts little delights
- I always start by taking out all my ingredients whatever I need so that will make it a lot easier and quicker. The kitchen scale should be out too.
- Preheat the oven at 170 C (375 F).
- Grease a (however many you have) 20-36 mini muffins cups and set aside. Use butter, coconut oil or an oil spray.
- In a bowl, with the help of an electric hand mixer, whisk together the sugar, butter, vanilla, salt and the egg. Whisk them until become fluffy and pretty creamy.
- In a tiny cup or a larger spoon, mix the soda bicarbonate and the baking soda with the lemon juice or the vinegar. Add to the egg mixture.
- Mix/fold in the sieved flour with the help of a spatula or continuing to use the hand electric mixer but at a a low speed. Only mix until nicely homogenised.
- With the help of a teaspoon take little amounts of the dough place on your palm and form small little dough-balls. Place each ball into the prepared/greased mini muffin cups.
- Press doll down into each muffin cup with your thumb creating little nest-like little hole. Once this is all done set aside and let's get the filling sorted.
- Chop the nuts (I use a food processor as it takes seconds and it does a perfect job).
- Place the chopped nuts in a bowl. Add the brown sugar and cocoa powder. Mix well and then pour in the double cream, vanilla and right at the end sprinkle the coarse salt in. Mix all well until it is all nicely incorporated and comes nicely together.
- Add a tiny amount 3/4 to 1 teaspoon of nuts mixture on each dent created in each cookie.
- Place in the oven and bake them at 190 C 375 F Gas Mark 5 for 15 min or until they become nice and brown ( check the dough that is golden in colour. If your oven isn't a fan assisted one you might need to bake for slightly longer 5min I would think should be the right time but your eye and experience will tell you exactly when they're ready.
- When they are looking gorgeous, take them out of the oven and allow them to set for 5-10 min. It's the hardest bit in this recipe (to stay away for 5-10 min) but hey, needs to be done!
- When they are nice and slightly cool, tuck in! Well, hold on, hold on just take them out on a plate and make sure no one is around for the first few minutes so you can enjoy the first 10
- Well, .....truthfully? I never get to do the shouting at all in fact I never get to be alone for that few minutes after taking them out on plates because even before they’re ready, my truppa is buzzing around the kitchen asking repeatedly “when are they ready?” so they give me no space and no chance whatsoever of having the first 10. Ever! ;-)) This is life! Enjoy, jump up and down with joy! That's what we do when these cookies land on the table