- 2 stick
- butter (1 cup)
- 6 Tbsp
- powered sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 c
- very finely chopped pecans (i use a grinder to get a powder-like consistency)
How to Make Snowballs
- 1Pre-heat oven to 325°F. Lightly coat large baking sheet with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- 2Put 4 tbs. of the powdered sugar in a small bowl and set aside for use later.
- 3Cream butter in a medium sized bowl. Add remaining ingredients, except nuts, into creamed butter. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are incorporated. Add nuts to butter mixture last and mix throughly again.
NOTE: If mixture is too sticky, add 1 tbs. of flour at a time until consistency is manageable but not dry. You can also put mixture in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to firm dough up.
- 4Coat cleaned and dried hands with flour. Roll dough into small, bite sized balls approximately 1-1/2" in diameter.
NOTE: Balls should be the same size for even cooking.
- 5Arrange balls on baking sheet about 2" apart. Bake in pre-heated oven at 325°F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6While Snowballs are still HOT, carefully and gently roll balls in remaining powdered sugar one Snowball at a time. When Snowballs are cooled, roll Snowballs again (one at a time) in powder sugar to thoroughly coat balls with sugar. Add more powered sugar if needed to coat Snowballs.
- 7Store Snowballs in an air-tight container.
- 8SPECIAL DESERT TREAT: In a parfait glass layer vanilla or chocolate ice cream, crumbled Snowballs, whipped cream (or whipped topping) ice cream, crumbled Snowballs and top with whipped cream and coarsely chopped pecans.