Reduced Sugar, Reduced Fat Gingerbread Cookies
1/4 ccountry crock baking stick
1/3 cunsweetened applesauce
6 Tbsptruvia brown sugar blend
1/4 csugar free maple syrup
3 tspground cinnamon
3 tspground ginger
1/4 tspground cloves or allspice
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
3 1/2 call purpose flour
How to Make Reduced Sugar, Reduced Fat Gingerbread Cookies
- Melt country crock with applesauce in microwave. Make sure "butter" is completely melted and mixed with the applesauce.
- Stir in brown sugar, molasses, salt, and spices. Mix well.
- Let cool til just warm and then beat in the egg.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the baking soda, baking powder, and flour.
- Stir flour mixture into the wet mixture until well incorporated.
- Split the dough in half and wrap each tightly in plastic and refrigerate for AT LEAST an hour. The longer it refrigerated the easier it will be to work with.
- When you're ready; preheat the oven to 350 and take out one half of the dough.
- Put the dough on lightly floured parchment paper and lay plastic wrap on top. Roll out til about 1/8" thick.
- Use floured cookie cutters to cut out shapes. Place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and bake for 8-12 minutes. The thickness of your cut outs will effect cook time.
- Cool on pan for at least 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack or paper towels.
- Once completely cooled you can decorate with sprinkles, icing, etc
***The decorations will raise the WW point value***