PEGGI'S GIAGANTIC, MELT IN YOUR MOUTH, CRISPY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Peggi Anne Tebben
I use my Kitchen Aid mixer with rotating bowl & turn it on when I first start & keep it running until I finish mixing them. I don't know if that has anything to do with how good they are or not. I also only use JIF peanut butter. I've tried other brands & was not please at all with the taste. The others were edible but who wants just edible?
I use a big spring loaded scoop to scoop the batter with, thus making them big. I make these every year when my hunters come up hunting, so they have something to take to the deer stands with them. They love them & ask for them every time.Sometimes I dust just a hint of sugar on them before baking.
I have to tell a story with this one.
Our neighbor to the north came by one day during hunting season when I made a batch of these & was drinking beer with the other guys. He was feelin' no pain, to say the least. These cookies are about 6" in diameter & a man's shirt pocket is about 4" across. This man was talking to my husband & looking at him & kept trying to poke one of these cookies in his shirt pocket as he was talking. He never looked down, just kept on talking & trying to poke that cookie in that small pocket. He never missed a lick, but never got the cookie in his pocket.The other guys were dying laughing by now & he had no idea why. Just picture it.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Voted Members' Choice!
We are so glad to have been able to try these wonderful cookies... delightfully sweet and perfectly peanut buttery! The Test Kitchen
- 1 c
- butter flavored crisco shortening
- 1 c
- 1 c
- firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract (just pour it in)
- eggs, beaten
- 1 c
- jif peanut butter (i put an extra hunk in)
- 2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
How to Make PEGGI'S GIAGANTIC, MELT IN YOUR MOUTH, CRISPY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
- 1Preheat oven to 350°
- 2I use a Kitchen Aid stand mixer & leave it running the whole time I'm putting this together.
- 3Cream shortening, sugars, and vanilla extract.
- 4Add beaten eggs, and beat thoroughly. (Just throw them in, don't beat first)
- 5Stir in peanut butter.
- 6Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture.
- 7Using big scoop, place 6 level scoops on ungreased air bake cookie sheets.
- 8Press with back of fork dipped in milk to make a crisscross design. Original recipe calls for flour but milk makes it crisper. Refer to picture above. It shows one that is in the ball & the others show how much to flatten.
- 9Bake at 350° for exactly 14 minutes. Set your timer.
- 10Remove from oven & let cool on cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes. Then transfer to wire cooling rack until completely cool. I stack these standing up in large air tight container to keep them from weighing heavy on each other.