Pecan cookies with rye and barley flakes
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·100 g barley flakes
·150 g rye flakes
·100 g flour
·100 g chopped pecans
·1/2 tsp baking soda
·1/4 tsp salt
·70 g butter softened
·60 g brown sugar
·50 ml coconut blossom nectar organic
·1 large egg
How to Make Pecan cookies with rye and barley flakes
- Prepare all ingredients and preheat the oven to 180C /350 F. Grease or line with parchment paper two baking sheets.
- Start by whisking together (in a medium size bowl) all the dry ingredients: the flour, the rye and the barley flakes, most of the pecans chopped and toasted, baking soda, and the salt. Leave a handful of pecans to put on top of each cookie.
- In a separate large bowl, blend together the soft butter and the cane sugar using a hand electric mixer. Add the egg and the coconut blossom nectar. Continue to mix/beat until nice and smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until well incorporated. I used a wooden spoon.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop equal amounts of batter and place on baking sheet leaving some space (approx 1 inch) in between each cookie.
- Flatten the cookies/batter slightly and top up with the remaining chopped pecans.
- Place in the oven and bake for 13 minutes. You may need to bake them in batches so allow cookies to cool slightly when taking them out of the oven and then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.