Orange and Chocolate Meringue Kisses
1/4 tspcream of tarter
1/3 - 1/2 cultra-fine sugar
1/4 tsporange extract
1/2 tsporange rind, grated
·drops of red and yellow food color
1/4 cmini chocolate chips
How to Make Orange and Chocolate Meringue Kisses
- Preheat oven to 200ºF.
- In a glass or metal bowl, whip the egg whites until they're frothy. Add salt and cream of tartar
- Add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form and the meringue looks glossy.
- Add the grated orange peel and a few drops of food color until it looks slightly orange. (If the color is too pink, you can always call them Blood Orange and Chocolate Meringue Kisses!)
- Add mini-chocolate chips.
- Scoop into a zip lock bag. Cut off the corner and squeeze kisses onto 2 parchment covered cookie sheets.
- Bake in oven for 2 hours. Remove and let cool on cookie sheets.