Melt In Your Mouth Peanut Butter Cookies
Cindi M Bauer
1 cupcrisco all-vegetable shortening
1 cupcreamy peanut butter (see *note)
1 cupgranulated sugar
1 cuppowdered sugar
1teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cupsflour, sifted
3teaspoons baking soda
How to Make Melt In Your Mouth Peanut Butter Cookies
- In a bowl cream together, the shortening, peanut butter, granulated sugar and powdered sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the sifted flour, baking soda and salt. Then gradually add to the creamy mixture. Beat well.
- Using a teaspoon, drop cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten cookie dough with a floured fork, and bake in a 350°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven, and place cookies on a cooling rack to allow cookies to cool completely.
- *Note: I did refrigerate the cookie dough for an hour or two, before placing the cookie dough on baking sheets. I also baked my cookies on Pampered Chef Baking Stones.