macadamia Coconut portuguese tea cookies.
- 1/2 c
- coconut, shredded and lightly toasted
- 1 c
- of unsalted butter ,softened
- 1/2 c
- trivia powdered sugar
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 c
- gold medal all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c
- finely chopped macadamia
- 1/4 tsp
- powdered sugar to roll the cookies around
How to Make macadamia Coconut portuguese tea cookies.
- 1PREHEAT OVEN TO 350*
TOASTED coconut by baking uncovered in a ungreased shallow pan at 350 for only5 to 7 minutes
- 2MIX butter, and 1/2 cup of powered sugar and the vanilla in a large bowl.
Stir in flour,nuts,and toasted coconut,and salt until dough holds together.
- 3SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls.
PLACE about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 4Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set but not brown.
REMOVE from cookie sheet.
COOL slightly on wire rack.
- 5ROCK AND ROLL cookies in powered sugar;COOL on wire rack.
ROLL them in the powered sugar again.
- 6PLEASE don't use self rising flour,or vegt.oils or no name butter.
LIKE GRAM'S use to say it make it right .OR don't make it at all.