Anthony Nicometi Jr
1 croasted hazelnuts (coarsely chopped)
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 tsphazelnut oil (not extract)
3 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
How to Make Hazelnut Biscotti
- Before we start,
First: I must let you all know. PLEASE DO NOT USE SELF RISING FLOUR. They will Rise way too much and be ruined.
Second: If you do not know how to cut biscotti, and desire the traditional shape, I reccomend you watch a tutorial video how to cut, If my instructions do not provide enough detail.
- Spread Hazelnuts among a cookie sheet (Not Greased) bake uncovered at 350 degrees, Flipping and Stirring every 5 minutes, until Golden and aromatic (15 Mins in my oven) then allow to cool before chopping
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. add Vanilla and Hazelnut oil and mix until combined.
- Mix in eggs 1 at a time until combined.
- Sift together Flour, Baking Powder and Baking Soda, then add in 3 separate additions.
- After Flour is Fully Combined. Gently Fold in your Chopped Hazelnuts.
- Place dough on lightly floured Surface, and Kneed for 2-3 minutes (More on the 3 side for me) until the dough holds together, and Hazelnuts are evenly distributed
- Divide dough in half, On one side of an ungreased cookie sheet, Shape half the dough into roughly a 10x3 rectangle (Almost a loaf shape), Making sure to keep the edges round. Repeat with the Other half of the dough on another sheet
- Bake 20-25 Mins until the center is firm to the touch, and cool on the cookie sheet for about 15 mins. Invert to a cutting board and Cut into Half inch slices.
- Place your slices (Cut side Down) on another ungreased cookie sheet. and Bake for 15 mins until crisp and light golden in color. IMMEADIATLY remove and place on a wire rack. Allow the cookie sheet used to cool before repeating with the other half of the dough
- Serve with a Hot cup of Coffee and Enjoy :)