halloween spider cookies
- royal icing or cookie decorating icing
- 1 box
- chocolate covered marshmallow cookies
- 1 pkg
- licorice red or black
- royal icing eyes for each spider (from walmart in cake section.
- 1 pkg
- pretzel sticks
- 1 c
- chocolate chips or any chocolate for melting
ALTERNATIVE SPIDER. NO LEG HASSLES
OMIT THE LICORICE, AND THE ICING. INSTEAD GET
How to Make halloween spider cookies
- 1Cut each licorice stick into 4 pieces for the legs.
Turn the cookie upside down (gently, so it doesn’t get smooshed) and place a thick dollop of icing in the middle of the cookie. Then carefully push the licorice legs into the icing. Let sit overnight, if possible, or until dry.
Then, gently turn the spider over (right-side up) and place a dot of icing on the back of each eye and place them on the cookie. Let the spiders dry overnight, or until set.
- 2*Even after an overnight drying – the legs were still quite fragile. Translation: The legs are too heavy, and it’s hard for the icing to do the work of denture adhesive.
- 3NOTE BETTER SPIDER: I found a better alternative version of this. using mini pretzel sticks taking 8 per spider insert then into the sides of the spider then dip into melted chocolate chips. Or dip in chocolate and then push into the spider. Either way you do not need the icing and they stay attached better and instantly