Flaxseed, cacao and pecan nuts cookies
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·50 g coconut oil
·35 g flax seeds
·3 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
·120 g chocolate (dark) (dairy-free optional)
·45 g cacao powder
·40-60 g coconut sugar
·250 g almond flour
·6 tbsp water
·1/2 tsp baking powder
·1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
·1 tsp cider vinegar
·1 g himalayan salt
·70 g chocolate (melted) for decoration
·80 g pecan nuts (chopped, roasted)
How to Make Flaxseed, cacao and pecan nuts cookies
- Melt the chocolate together with the coconut oil either in the microwave for 30 sec (if you have one) or the simple technique of placing it in a bowl over boiling water. Allow to cool for few minutes.
- Add the flaxseeds, water, the coconut sugar, chia seeds if you choose to put them in (those in the picture do contain it), almond flour, cacao powder, salt. Make a tiny well and put in the baking powder and the soda bicarbonate pour the vinegar over and mix well. Then mix all the ingredients and place the mixture in the freezer for 10 min or in the fridge for about 20 min.
- Heat the oven at 180 C or gas mark 4.
- Line an oven tray with parchment paper.
- With the help of a teaspoon take a teaspoon full of the mixture place it on to your palm and roll into small balls. Finish the rolling and press to flatten slightly the dough.
- Place on parchment paper leaving some space of about 1.5 cm in between.
- Place in the heated oven and bake for 8 min. Remove when ready and allow them to cool for few minutes.
- Meanwhile roast and finely chop the pecan nuts. Melt the 60 g chocolate which can be milk, dairy free dark or even white chocolate.
- Roll the cookies edges into chocolate and then into the finely chopped pecans.
- Enjoy pretty much straight away. Store in the fridge if summer so that the chocolate does not melt.