Espresso Cream Cheese Swirled Cookie Bars
Daily Inspiration S
Refrigeration and cooling time is not included in prep time.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 cchocolate wafer cookie crumbs (two 9oz pkgs - nabisco)
1/2 cbutter, melted
1 Tbspinstant espresso granules
1 largeegg white, lightly beaten
3 pkg8-oz pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 1/3 cgranulated sugar
1 cheavy cream, divided
2 Tbspinstant espresso granules
1 Tbspunsweetened cocoa
·chocolate-covered coffee beans, chopped
How to Make Espresso Cream Cheese Swirled Cookie Bars
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with baking spray and flour pan. Stir together cookie crumbs, melted butter, sugar, espresso granules, and egg white in a large bowl until well combined.
- Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of prepared pan. Bake until set, approx. 14 minutes. Cool completely, approx. 30 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a stand mixer on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy - 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low and beat in 3/4 cup heavy cream - then increase speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form - 2 minutes.
- Transfer 2 cups of the cream cheese mixture to a medium bowl and set aside. Spread remaining 3 cups cream cheese mixture over cooled crust.
- Place remaining 1/4 cup heavy cream in a small microwavable bowl; microwave on high until just warm, about 20 seconds. Stir in espresso granules and cocoa until dissolved. Place in freezer and cool approx. 10 minutes. Remove from freezer and beat cooled mixture into reserved cream cheese mixture in bowl on medium speed until smooth and thickened - 1 minute.
- Dollop cream cheese mixture in crust. Using a spoon, swirl espresso cream cheese and plain cream cheese together to edges of crust.
- Cover and refrigerate until very cold - approx. 4 hours. Slice into 32 bars. Garnish bars with chopped chocolate-covered espresso beans.