Easy Crescent Dough Lemon Bars
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a really lemony treat you can enjoy for breakfast, afternoon tea or as a midnight snack. And it's super easy to whip up! We loved the creamy filling. And, the crunchy sugar topping is perfect! The Test Kitchen
How to Make Easy Crescent Dough Lemon Bars
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter bottom of 13x9 baking pan. Use 1/2 of the stick to put small pats of butter all over the bottom of the pan. Unroll dough, lay in the bottom of pan press dough down corner to corner.
- Spread lemon curd evenly all over dough. Lay out second can of dough on top of curd. Perforated dough edges do not need to be sealed. Then add rest of butter in small pats to top of this layer of dough.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 to 2 lemons; depending on amount of juice & size of each one all over the top layer of dough. This will create little pools of lemon juice.
- Dust powdered sugar heavily all over the top, paying close attention to the pools of lemon juice. Keep adding the sugar until the lemon juice does not easily absorb any more sugar. You may only need 1/4 cup of sugar to do this, or more.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes until toasty brown on edges. Oven times may slightly vary.
- Let cool, slice. Goes great with coffee, great for dessert or a breakfast/brunch treat.