Easy Cookie Cutter Dough
*Original recipe says to use self raising flour but I didnt have any so added extra baking powder & salt.
I want to use my own photos to show exactly how easy this is, I have never made cookies before and I think this recipe is almost completely non-fail!
My biggest mistakes were
1) choosing a star shape (the points overcooked so fast!)
2) rolling the dough too thin or too thick (I was flustered due to time constraints).
How to Make Easy Cookie Cutter Dough
- 1Preheat oven to 180C
Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl
- 2Cream butter, sugar and vanilla in a separate bowl
- 3Add one egg to butter mixture and mix until completely combined, then add other egg and repeat, lastly add milk and mix well.
- 5Cut dough into 3 parts and roll each part out flat, between 2 sheets of baking paper. Layer all 3 sheets into a baking dish and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
I found this a little hard because my baking paper was so slippery and it was hard to roll, next time I might try cling wrap instead.
- 8I got a whole lot of cookies out of this recipe. The star shaped cookie cutter I used was about 3 inches, so all together I was able to make about 30 cookies.
I love this recipe, not bad for my first attempt and I think it will get easier the more I make it but Im very grateful to the lady who posted the original recipe.