BONNIE'S EASTER NEST COOKIES
The photo is my own.
1 1/2all purpose flour
1teaspoon baking powder
1teaspoon mexican vanilla
2cups shredded sweetened coconut
6ounces of jelly belly jelly beans, assorted colors, (the small shiny jelly beans)
How to Make BONNIE'S EASTER NEST COOKIES
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix the shortening, sugar, milk, egg white and the vanilla in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Add the coconut and mix well. Form into 30 one-inch balls. Place the balls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Depress the center with your thumb, leaving a thumbprint in the center of the cookie. (that is the nest that holds the eggs) Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 10 or 12 minutes, depending on your oven, just until the bottoms start to brown and a hint of brown reaches the tops of the cookies.
- Remove from the oven and place the Jelly Belly beans, 4 or 5 to a nest. Return the cookies to the oven and bake 5 minutes more.
- Watch them carefully the last couple of minutes to make sure they don't melt. Remove to a wire rack to cool.