☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
FOR THE PASTRY
3 2/3 cflour
1 pinchbaking powder
FOR THE FILLING
How to Make Date Diamonds
- Mix butter, flour and baking powder together and work until smooth.
- Mix sugar and egg together, add to the flour and work to a smooth dough.
- Cover bowl and let the dough rest for 2 hours.
- Put 2 T water in a pan with the dates. Heat for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the brandy and the zests to the dates and mash together with a fork.
- Open the pastry into long strips about 4 in wide. Brush the edges with water.
- Put a little filling down the center.
- Fold pastry. Press both edges to keep the filling in.
- Using a ravioli cutter, cut into large diamond shaped slices about 4 in long.
- Cook in plenty of hot oil until golden brown.