Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a great version of an old time favorite! This is one that you will be sure to fix again and again. The Test Kitchen
2 3/4 cflour
2 1/2 tspbaking powder
2/3 cbutter or margarine
2 1/4 cbrown sugar
1 pkg7 oz of chocolate chips
1 cpecans (optional)
How to Make Congo Cookies
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In another bowl, melt butter and add brown sugar. Mix well.
- Cool slightly and add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add dry ingredients to this. Finally, add chocolate chips, nuts and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- When almost cool, cut into finger-length bars.