Chocolate Gingerbread Men
1/2 cbutter or margarine, softened
3/4 cdark brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cdark corn syrup (i substitute with agave nectar)
3 call-purpose flour (can use whole wheat)
1/2 ccocoa powder
1 tspground ginger
1 tspground cloves
How to Make Chocolate Gingerbread Men
- Cream butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and molasses. (I subsitute dark agave nector for the corn syrup and cut it back to 1/3 cup.)
- Add egg and beat until well blended.
- Add flour, cocoa, and spices, stir until well blended, adding more flour if necessary to make a stiff dough.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, use a floured rolling pin to roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut out with desired cookie cutters and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree oven 8 to 12 minutes.
- Cool and remove from baking sheets. Keep in covered containers.