★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- 2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 3/4 c
- packed brown sugar
- 2 large
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 bag
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, soda and salt. set aside.
- 2In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each one. Mix in the vanilla.
- 3Drop 1/4 cup mounds of dough onto the ungreased baking sheets. At least 4 inches apart and away from the edges. You can fit about 4 cookies on a sheet. Baking 2 sheets at a time about 4 sheets total.
- 4Bake until just golden-15-18 minutes. Rotate the sheets front to back when half done baking.
- 5Cool 1 or 2 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container up to 2 days. These freeze well too.