Blue Ribbon Recipe
These are such good cookies. If rum extract is not your flavor of choice, you can always change it up to your liking. We guarantee everyone will eat up these cookies! The Test Kitchen
3/4 cbutter, room temperature + 1 Tbsp.
1/2 cpowdered sugar
1 3/4 call purpose flour
6 ozpackage butterscotch chips
1 cfinely chopped pecans
3 cpowdered sugar
1 tsprum extract
1/2 cchopped pecans
3 to 4 Tbspmilk or water
How to Make Butternuts
- Cream butter with powdered sugar and salt til light and fluffy.
- Blend in flour, mix well.
- Add butterscotch chips and 1 cup finely chopped pecans.
- Shape dough, a scant teaspoonful at a time, into balls.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 325' oven for 15 minutes or until firm but not brown.
- Let cool on wire racks.
- Make rum glaze. Mix the ingredients until smooth.
- You can either dip the cookies in the glaze or use a spoon to pour over cookies. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.