Butter Nut Chewies
·1/2 cup butter flavored crisco
·2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
·1 teaspoon vanilla
·1 1/2 cups unsifted all purpose flour
·1/2 teaspoon salt
·1 cup finely chopped nuts (your choice)
·2 teaspoons baking powder
How to Make Butter Nut Chewies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees;Grease 13x9x2 inch baking pan with butter flavored crisco
- Beat eggs until light and foamy in large bowl of electric mixer (or use large bowl and hand held electric mixer)
- Beat in sugar,vanilla and butter flavored crisco until creamy texture
- Combine flour with baking powder and salt.Add to the egg mixture.Mix at low speed until blended.
- Stir in the nuts at low speed (mixture will be stiff)
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is light brown.
- Cool 10-15 minutes.Cut into bars.Makes 2 dozen medium sized or 24 small sized.
- Store in air tight container.