How to Make Antoinette’s Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together eggs, sugar, oil, baking powder, vanilla and salt.
Whisk to blend. Add Flour and almonds(or pistachio or chocolate chips) and stir until dough forms. Turn onto floured surface and knead about 10 times until smooth.
- Divide dough into 2 halves.
- Form each half into a log. Place log onto an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle some sugar on top of each log.
- Bake about 30. Invites, until firm to touch. Remove and cool for 10 minutes
- Use a spatula to carefully transfer logs to a work surface. Use a serrated knife to cut crosswise into 1/2” thick pieces. Arrange slices cut side down on baking sheet. Bake approximately 20 minutes until browns. Place on wire rack to cool.
- Optional: when cool, dip tops in melted chocolate. Place on wax paper to dry.