After School Snack Cookies
Favorite cookie add-ins are M&M’s, nuts, oatmeal, chocolate chips, dried cranberries or cherries, raisins, coconut, just use your imagination.
After school snacks should always involve - what else? A tall glass of ice cold milk. Enjoy!
·1 box chocolate cake mix
·1 teaspoon baking powder
·2 large eggs
·½ cup vegetable oil
·½ cup chocolate chips
·sugar for dipping the bottom of a glass
How to Make After School Snack Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper or non-stick foil. Put ¼ cup sugar on a plate, set aside.
- Mix all ingredients in mixing bowl with a sturdy wooden spoon; dough will get very stiff.
- Dip with a tablespoon and roll into a ball; place at least 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Flatten the top of each ball slightly with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. (Oven temps vary slightly – my cookies baked for 8 minutes; this kept them soft and chewy. I think they would be crispier if left in the full 10 minutes. It’s up to you.)
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.