To Die For Hot Chocolate
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is probably the richest cup of hot chocolate that I have ever had! We made it with milk and used a French vanilla flavor creamer. Perfect for a sleigh ride or a cuddle by the fire. (Would make a great gift, too!) The Test Kitchen
- 7 c
- instant non-fat dry milk powder
- 1 lb
- confectioners' sugar
- 2 c
- unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted)
- 2 c
- powdered non-dairy creamer (i.e. french vanilla, hazelnut, etc)
- 2 c
- mini marshmallows (i usually use more)
- 1 c
- mini chocolate chips (i use 1/2 c each semi-sweet and white chips)
How to Make To Die For Hot Chocolate
- 1Stir together all ingredients in a a LARGE bowl (preferably one with a lid for freshness). I use a tupperware layer cake saver as my bowl and the bottom as my lid. It takes some time to really get all this incorporated well, but make sure you do!
- 2For each individual serving put 1/3 cup mix in a large (minimum 8 oz, but more along a 10 oz) coffee cup, add mix before adding either water or milk, heat to desired temperature and stir until chips melt, add extra marshmallows on top or whipped cream. We prefer to use milk because it is richer and creamer.
- 3This is great as a gift for friends or neighbors in decorative tins or glass jars for Christmas. Be sure to include on your gift tag how much is needed per serving. ENJOY! If you put this in an airtight container it will last approximately 1 yr.