Dee's Chocolate Taco
My recipe is quite different and my family loves it for a special day. It has a great presentation. At our restaurant it was a dessert people loved to get for a newbie, knowing it was a special dish they had never had.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
We used cherry pie filling when preparing these in the Test Kitchen, but fresh fruit like peaches or pineapple would also be wonderful! Yum!! The Test Kitchen
- 1 pkg
- prepared taco shells
- 1 pkg
- 16 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 8oz package cream cheese softened
- 8oz package cool whip or canned spray whipped cream
- 1 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 can(s)
- favorite pie filling (blueberry my fav,cherry etc)
- 1 jar(s)
- chocolate syrup
- 1 Tbsp
- paraffin wax
How to Make Dee's Chocolate Taco
- 1Get all ingredients and utensils together. That way you don't forget something. I always have my grandkids read over instructions first.
- 2In a double boiler combine chocolate chips and paraffin wax. Heat until smooth and melted. I use a one-inch new paint brush to "paint" taco shells inside and outside with chocolate. Set them upside down on wax paper that has been placed on a cookie sheet. Place them in refrigerator until the filling is ready.
- 3Filling: Mix softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy. (You may need a Tbs or two of milk if too stiff). Fold in 1/2 of whipped topping (or 1c whipped cream).
- 4Put cream cheese filling in a frosting bag (or you can spoon it into shells.) Put about 3 Tbs in a chocolate shell, add 2-3 Tbs of your favorite pie filling on top of cream cheese filling, add a dollop of whipped cream, then a cherry or a dollop more of your favorite filling. Drizzle with a chocolate syrup over top.