Dark Chocolate-Almond Brownie Bites (Flour Free)
Total Fat 4.5g
Saturated Fat 1.1g
Sodium 59mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 20.1g
Dietary Fiber 2.3g
Total Sugars 16.4g
2 pkg(8 oz. each) whole, pitted dates
1 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cunsalted, roasted almonds + 2 tbsp. separated
1/2 cdark (70%+ cacao) chocolate chips + 2 tbsp. separated
1/2 c1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
·small pinch of coarsely ground sea salt
How to Make Dark Chocolate-Almond Brownie Bites (Flour Free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place Dates, olive oil, vanilla extract and water into the food processor and mix on high speed until it is the consistency of a fine paste.
- Add in the almonds and pulse until almonds are coarsely chopped. Remove to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in dark cocoa powder and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips into the date mixture until very, very well incorporated.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Spoon in the chocolate, date mixture and press it down firmly and evenly.
- Bake in oven 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool in pan.
- While brownie bites are cooling, Melt remaining chocolate chips in microwave for a minute or so, stirring every few seconds until melted. Drizzle chocolate over brownies.
- Chop remaining almonds and sprinkle over melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt to the top.
- Chill in the refrigerator for several hours. Cut into bite sized squares. Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container and enjoy for several days.