Betty's no bake "Malteser" slice
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 pkgplain chocolate cookies (chocolate ripple for us aussies)
1 pkgmalt flavoured cookies
6 Tbspmalt powder
250 gbutter (half a pound)
1 can(s)sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbspgolden syrup (dark corn syrup)
1 pkgmaltesers (chocolate covered malt balls)
250 gmilk chocolate, melted (1/2 a pound) - for the topping
How to Make Betty's no bake "Malteser" slice
- Grease and well line a LARGE 40 x 25 cm tray or two 20 x15 cm trays (a large 16 x 10 inch tray)
- Crush the cookies together - use a bag and a rolling pin. A food processor turns it into dust with ease, so if using instead - pulse and check every couple of seconds.
- Place the crumbs into a large bowl and mix in the malt powder.
- Cut the maltesers and add to the bowl - as they are round, they are tricky to chop.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt and mix the condensed milk, butter and syrup. Stir well to combine and do NOT let boil. Stir constantly. When a light gold colour, take off the heat and pour into the cookie crumb mix. Stir well and press into the prepared pan.
- Top with melted chocolate and refrigerate and chill for about 2 - 3 hours (this is the "cooking" time).
- Slice into squares and place into a tupperware style container for freshness.
Please note, that in the hot weather this may need to be stored in the fridge.