Valentine's Day Orange Chocolate Creams
Anthony Nicometi Jr
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Your valentine is going to love these on Valentine's Day or any of the other 364 days. This treat tastes (and looks) like it came from an expensive candy store, but they're pretty easy to make at home! The orange flavor is just right - not overpowering. The Crew and I couldn't get enough of these!
You may need to add a bit more water in step one to get the consistency right (we did)... but add it slowly as needed. The Test Kitchen
2 1/2 cconfectioners' sugar
1 1/2 Tbspcorn syrup
1 1/2 Tbspwater
1 1/2 Tbspbutter (cubed)
1 tsporange extract or oil
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 cdark or milk chocolate (preference)
·orange food coloring to desired color
How to Make Valentine's Day Orange Chocolate Creams
- Prepare the cream filling. Combine confectioners' sugar, corn syrup, water, butter, both extracts, and food coloring until combined and has formed a sticky consistency.
- Wrap in a sheet of cling wrap and pop in the freezer. Allow to chill for 30 minutes.
- Melt your chocolate over a double boiler in order to melt completely. (If chocolate is too thick, at a teaspoon of vegetable shortening to thin out slightly.)
- Cut your filling to desired Shape and size. Roll to desired thickness. Once cut, return to the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Dip in chocolate, and set on parchment or a silicone mat to set and harden.
- Once hardened, commence eating and enjoy responsibly. ;)