Taste This! Sponge Candy!
So here ya go, I hope you enjoy it!
3/4 clight corn syrup
1 Tbspvinegar, regular or apple cider vinegar
1 Tbspbaking soda
CHOCOLATE FOR DIPPING:
2 cmilk chocolate chips
1 csemi sweet chocolate chips
2-3 tspvegetable oil
How to Make Taste This! Sponge Candy!
- Butter a 9x13 pan, bottom and sides. Set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, over medium heat, stir together syrup, molasses, sugar and vinegar. Continue stirring constantly until sugar dissolves and starts to boil. Once mixture comes to a full boil, stop stirring, but continue to cook at medium heat, no stirring, until candy thermometer reaches 300 degrees.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 Tablespoon of baking soda. Pour into prepared pan, DO NOT spread, it will spread itself. You don't want to deflate it.
Allow to cool. Break into desired size pieces.
- Over a double boiler...melt together 2 cups milk chocolate chips, 1 cup semi sweet chips and 2-3 tsp vegetable oil. Dip cooled pieces of sponge in chocolate, place on wax paper to dry.
- *Of course you can use your favorite chocolate combination...that is just my favorite.