6 ozmilk chocolate chips
4 ozvanilla or white chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips
30 smallpretzels (snyder square pretzels called
·coarse salt if desired
3quart size heavy duty freezer ziploc bags
How to Make "Snap"ing Turtles
- Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper or parchment paper.
Place 22 unwrapped caramels in freezer.
- Melt 6 oz. milk chocolate chips slowly in glass measure cup in microwave. Heat for 30 seconds and stir well. Repeat until all melted. Place Ziploc bag in lg glass wrapping open Ziploc end over top of glass. Pour in melted chocolate and seal bag. Snip off small corner.
- Squeeze 15, 1/2 dollar size dollops of chocolate on lined cookie sheets spacing evenly. Immediately place 4 pecan halves in each chocolate dollop creating turtle legs. Repeat on 2nd cookie sheet. Chill for approx. 15 min. in refrigerator.
- Remove caramels from freezer and unwrap. Wrappers will pop right off after being partially frozen. Place caramels in glass measuring cup along with 2 teaspoons milk. Heat 25 - 30 seconds on medium in microwave. Stir and repeat until all are melted. Cool slightly. Pour into another Ziploc bag the same way you did the chocolate chips.
- Remove 2 cookie sheets from refrigerator. Snip small corner from bag of melted caramels. Squeeze a 1/2 dollar size dollop of caramel on top of chocolate and pecans. Immediately press a pretzel on top of caramel.
Chill again for another 15 min.
- Melt white chocolate chips or remaining milk chocolate chips or some of both in the same way other choc. chips were melted. Pour into another Ziploc and drizzle melted chocolate on top of pretzels. Optional - may sprinkle with coarse salt immediately after drizzling with chocolate.
- Chill turtles well. Enjoy!!
Be sure to use Ziploc brand bags as other brands may melt and rip. May skip Ziploc bags all together and drop from spoon but the Ziploc bag gives an even distribution and more professional, finished looking candy.