Sea Foam Candy
- 1 3/4 c
- light brown sugar
- 3/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 c
- light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp
- egg whites
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 c
- broken pecan pieces (optional)
- 1/2 c
How to Make Sea Foam Candy
- 1Butter sides of a heavy 2 quart saucepan. In the pan combine sugars, corn syrup, salt, and water
Cook, stirring constantly till sugars dissolve and mixture comes to boiling.
- 2Cook to hard ball stage ( 260 F ) without stirring.
Remove from heat.
Immediately beat egg whites till stiff peaks form.
- 3Pour hot syrup in a thin stram over beaten egg whites, beating constantly at high speed on an electric mixer.
- 4Continue beating till mixture forms soft peaks and begins to lose its gloss, about 10 minutes.
Stir in nuts.
- 5Let stand about 2 minutes; drop by rounded teaspoons onto waxed paper
- 6Dip into hot chocolate, if desired