Rocky Road Fudge
This fudge is so easy, it works every time and never crystallizes.
- 4 ½ cups sugar
- ½ lb. butter
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 12 oz. real chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
How to Make Rocky Road Fudge
- 1Combine sugar, butter, evaporated milk, vanilla in a saucepan and bring to a rolling boil.
Cook on medium heat for 11 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 2Add marshmallows, chocolate chips, and walnuts to fudge and mix well.
- 3Pour into a buttered pan and let cool.
- 4Cut into squares when it cuts without melting back together but before it becomes crumbly.
- 5Store in an air-tight container.
- 6Notes, tips and variations
Substituting margarine for butter makes the fudge oily.
Imitation vanilla affects the aroma.
Other varieties of chips (vanilla, butterscotch, etc.) work as well.
Other varieties of nuts also work (almonds, peanuts)
In Australia it's common to add in coconut, In UK they add in cherries-