Basic Chocolate Truffles
Jordan Michelle Falco
This is a basic dark chocolate truffle recipe and can be flavored with whatever liquor or flavoring your want. Can be dipped in any desired color, and then drizzled, or dredged in nuts.
How to Make Basic Chocolate Truffles
- Bring cream to a boil.
- Place the chocolate and the butter into a bowl.
- Pour hot cream over the chocolate and LET SET 2 MINUTES.
- After 2 minutes, whisk and then add the alcohol.
- Allow the ganache to firm up.
- After the ganache has set, pipe out the truffles onto a parchment-lined baking sheet in equal amounts (you can also use a small ice cream type scoop, but these make much larger truffles). Let set until firm (about 30-45 minutes).
- Using rubber gloves and cocoa powder, roll the firm ganache into balls. They don't have to be perfectly round, as they will be rolled again. Use the cocoa powder to keep the ganache from sticking to your gloves.
- Chill, then roll again.
- Let truffles come to room temperature before dipping, then decorating.