- 1 large
- lemon, washed well
- 2 1/2 c
- sugar, divided
- 6 c
- water, divided
- 1 - 10 oz. jar(s)
- lemon curd or homemade if you wish
- 1 - 3.3 oz box
- instant white chocolate pudding mix, prepared as directed on package
- 2 1/2 c
- whipped cream, unsweetened
- 2 loaves
- pound cake, store bought or homemade
CANDIED LEMON PEEL GARNISH:
How to Make White Chocolate Lemon Trifle
- 1Start Candied Lemon Peel first by using a vegetable peeler to remove the peel from the lemon. Being sure to avoid as much of the white pith as possible. Cut strips into thinner strips. Save lemon for another use.
- 2In a small saucepan place the peels & 2 C water. Bring to a boil. Drain off water & repeat the process two more times for a total of three. Remove peels from the pan.
- 3To the same pan over medium high heat, add 2 C water & 2 C sugar. Whisk until sugar is dissolved. Add peels back into pan & bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low & continue to cook until the peels are tender & translucent (approximately 10 minutes). Remove peels from mixture & allow to cool.
- 4In a medium mixing bowl add remaining 1/2 C sugar & add lemon peels. Toss to coat. Remove peels & shake off any excess sugar. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
- 5For Trifle:
In a large mixing bowl, fold 2 C prepared whipped cream into prepared white chocolate pudding. Set aside.
To assemble trifle, layer cubed pound cake on the bottom of the trifle bowl. Top with a layer of white chocolate pudding mixture & then a layer of lemon curd. Repeat until your trifle bowl is nearly filled. Top with reserved 1/2 C whipped cream & candied lemon peels. Best when served immediately or can be refrigerated until ready to serve.