Whipped marshmellow frosting
1 cgranulated sugar
1/4 tspcream of tartar
ALTERNATE SOURCE OF SUGAR CAN BE LIGHT CORN SYRUP OR A COMBO OF GRANULATED SUGAR AND CORN SYRUP
How to Make Whipped marshmellow frosting
- Into a double boiler, add water, sugar, eggwhites
- Stir ingredients to mix.
- Using a beater, beat constantly for 7 minutes. You will see the mix will become frothy then more dense and fluffy.
- At about minute 4, add cream of tartar. Keep beating mix until minute 7.
- Remove from over hot water source, add your choice of flavoring and coloring (if desired).
- Beat to cool for about 4 minutes. The mix will now be a soft but stiff peak seen when lifting the mixer out of the mix.
- Spread onto cupcakes or cake. If you let it set and don't spread it, it will continue to firm up into a marshmallow form.