Turmeric savoury feta cheesecake
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·400 g fillo pastry (ready made)
·800 g yoghurt (organic, full fat)
·600 g feta cheese (organic)
·7 large eggs (organic)
·4 spoons cane sugar (organic)
·1/3 tsp turmeric powder (organic)
·50 g butter
·20 g icing sugar (optional)
How to Make Turmeric savoury feta cheesecake
- If the Feta cheese is pretty salty, put the cheese blocks into a container/large bowl and fill with cold water. Leave it for at least 1 hour to desalt.
- Preheat the oven at 180 - 190 C higher if not fan assisted.
- In a large bowl, with the help of a fork smash the desalted Feta cheese blocks, add 4 eggs, and mix well with half of the yoghurt quantity (400 g), add the turmeric. Turmeric is not only healthy but it gives it a beautiful color too!
- Grease a dish (28 cm/ 20cm roughly) with some of the butter.
- Place a layer of pastry containing 3-4 sheets together and then put a layer of the cheese mixture. Repeat this until you finish both mixture and pastry. Best to finish top layer with pastry. Since the pastry sheets are not going to be the size of the dish, there is no need to cut hem but just fold them in.
- In the same bowl where the cheese mixture was you can pour the other remainder 400 g yoghurt with the rest of the eggs ( x 3) and whisk well until it is all very well incorporated.
- Pour this yoghurt and egg mix over the last layer of pastry. Scatter the remainder of the butter on top (little knobs) sprinkle a spoon of Demerara sugar on top and place in the oven.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until it is nice' n golden brown on top.