Triple Chocolate Sour Crm Pound Cake/ by Lady Rose
Rose Mary Mogan
- 3 stick
- butter, softened
- 8 oz
- sour cream or cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 large
- eggs, room temperature
- 3 c
- granulated sugar
- 3-4 c
- all purpose flour( if you have a large bundt pan,see note @ bottom)
- 1 c
- each cocoa, & 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 c
- chocolate chip cookie liqueur, or any choc liqueur
- 1 c
- mini chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp
- light corn syrup
- 2 Tbsp
- shortening, ( i use butter flavored crisco)
EASY CHOCOLATE GLAZE
How to Make Triple Chocolate Sour Crm Pound Cake/ by Lady Rose
- 1PREHEAT OVEN TO 325 Degrees F. Spray a 16 cup bundt pan with bakers joy, until completely covered, and set aside till needed. Cream together the butter, sour cream OR cream cheese with the sugar gradually until very light and airy and no sugar granules remain, about 10 to 15 minutes. YOU CAN'T RUSH PERFECTION.Smile
- 2Add eggs one at a time,beating well after each addition, until completely blended. Then combine the cocoa powder in a medium size bowl with the flour, and stir to blend, then gradually add it to the creamed mixture, alternating with the chocolate liqueur.
- 3Continue to blend until completely mixed. Then dust the the white chocolate chips with about 1 tablespoon of flour and mix into cake batter. Stir just until blended.
- 4Pour into prepared cake pan. Then bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 90 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes and then invert cake onto a serving plate.
- 5Prepare glaze by combining the chocolate chips with the corn syrup and shortening. Place over very low heat, and stir to combine and melt chips then drizzle over top of cake, and along edge of cake to run down the sides. You may also frost the entire cake as I did with your favorite frosting, or use a can variety. Garnish top of cake with chopped nuts, or extra white chips as I did, in a pattern of your choice.Maraschino Cherry Halves also works well too.
- 6NOTE: If you have a 16 cup bundt pan use 4 cups of flour, otherwise, use 3 cups flour, and decrease cocoa to 1/2 to 3/4 cup, depending on how much you like chocolate. I have made it both ways.