Spicy Peach Cake
I really like the sweet tart of the peaches, and the gentle heat of the spices.
My friend Marcel and I agree that I need to come up with a peach preserve and brandy/rum sauce to pour over the top.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The cake reminded me of the spice cakes I loved as a kid. My kitchen smelled amazing as this baked. The peaches, which end up on top, are so tasty thanks to the spices they're tossed in.
I'd recommend placing your springform pan on a sheet pan to avoid any messes in your oven. The Test Kitchen
1bag frozen peaches
1/4 ceach honey and white sugar
1/4 cunsalted butter, cut into little cubes
1 boxduncan hines classic white cake mix
1 1/3 cwater
2 tspeach, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg
·butter for the pan
How to Make Spicy Peach Cake
- Preheat oven to 350*. Butter bottom and sides of a 8"x3" springform pan.
- Place peaches in a bowl, and sprinkle sugar and drizzle honey over the top. Sprinkle the nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves over the top, and stir to coat.
- Pour peach mixture into the pan, and dot with the butter cubes.
- In another bowl, mix the cake mix, eggs, water, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg, until smooth. Pour over peaches.
- Bake in middle rack for 1 hour.
Let cool 15 minutes, then run a small knife around the edges. Unmold the cake onto a platter, peaches side up.