Semolina, ricotta cheese and coconut cake
Ramona's Cuisine -
You can add some raisins too.
The puff pastry is not necessary so if you do not have it do not worry, this cake can very well do without it.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·500 g ricotta cheese
·200 g yogurt (natural)
·1 pack puff pastry ready made (optional)
·100 g semolina or gluten free flour
·100 g sugar
·2 sugar sachets (vanilla)
·2-3 tbsp coconut (desiccated)
·1/2 tsp salt
·20 g icing sugar for dusting
·100-150 ml creme fraiche (for serving)
How to Make Semolina, ricotta cheese and coconut cake
- Grease or line a 7” (18-20 cm) oven dish. If you choose to use the puff pastry, place this on the greased or lined dish. Set aside. Preheat the oven at 180 C.
- In a large bowl, gather all the other ingredients (cheese, eggs, sugar, salt, vanillated sugar, desiccated coconut, semolina or the gluten free flour, yoghurt) and with an electric mixer mix well until all beautifully homogenized.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared oven dish and place in the oven.
- Bake for 50 min or so , until nice and golden on top.
- When slightly cool, dust with icing sugar and serve with creme fraiche, full fat yoghurt or simply as it comes with a cup of milk or coffee.