Real New York Cheesecake
How to Make Real New York Cheesecake
- Cream sugar and cream cheese together until well blended.
- Add sour cream and flavoring.
- Put mixer on first speed and add eggs one at a time.
Mixing faster adds air to the batter and will cause cracking.Scrape bowl after each addition. This is very important
- Grease a 10X3 cake pan.Not a springform pan and grease it real good.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for about 1 ½ hours in a water bath that comes up at least halfway up the cake pan.
- Let cake cool for at least 1/2 hour. Now the tricky part. Sprinkle a good amount of sugar on top of the cake. Place a cardboard round over the cake and invert. Tap the pan to make sure it is released. Get another round or whatever you are going to serve the cake in and invert onto it. Brush off excess sugar with a dry pastry brush