Quick, delicious nuts and dark cacao brownies
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·200 g sugar cane -unrefined
How to Make Quick, delicious nuts and dark cacao brownies
200 g sugar cane -unrefined
120 g butter browned *
2 eggs room temperature
75 g cacao powder *
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 tsp Vanilla powder
45 g spelt flour
75 g nuts chopped and toasted
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 170°C or 150°C if it’s fan assisted or gas mark 3.
2. Line a 20 cm² brownie tin or any oven proof dish. I use ceramic ones sometimes.
3.Melt the brown butter or brown it now if you don’t have any (see recipe notes for details) and set aside.
4. Grab a bowl and combine the sugar, Cocoa powder, and the salt. Stir those nicely and add the butter slowly whisking it in.
5. Add the eggs which should be at room temperature, one by one and beating in between.
6. Add the vanilla and stir in the flour gently. Add the nuts (roughly chopped and toasted). Mix a little more to combine those too.
7. Spoon the mixture into the tin and bake for 20 or 25 minutes. Check with a skewer and this should come out with just a few moist crumbs on.
8. Allowed to cool before removing from the tin and cut into little squares (between 16-20 squares).