Pumpkin Cake with Apple Cider Glaze
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 ½ cups canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ¼ cup butter (melted)
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. apple cider
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- vanilla ice cream, sweetened whipped cream or cool-whip whipped topping, for serving (optional)
FOR THE CAKE:
FOR THE GLAZE:
How to Make Pumpkin Cake with Apple Cider Glaze
- 1Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly spray a 9” x 13” baking dish with non-stick spray AND line with parchment paper.
- 2Mix together the sugar, eggs, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and milk. Pour the mixture into pan. Evenly distribute the dry cake mix on top.
- 3Pour melted butter evenly over the cake mix. Bake 50 – 60 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 4Cool cake thoroughly in pan. Flip upside down onto wire rack over a cookie sheet, and remove from pan, peel away and discard parchment paper.
- 5Make the glaze:
Combine powdered sugar, apple cider and pumpkin pie spice. Glaze should be thick but pourable.
Add more sugar if too thin or more cider if too thick. Pour over the cake while still warm. Reserve some to pour over each slice when served.
- 6To serve, cut into serving size squares and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or Cool Whip whipped topping, if that’s your pleasure.