Pineapple and mixed berries cake
Ramona's Cuisine -
Let me know, did you like it?
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 large pineapple (fresh)
·300 g organic yoghurt (full fat)
·450 g organic flour
·200 ml oil
·5 large organic eggs
·160 g organic sugar (unrefined)
·1 handful berries (fresh or frozen)
·1 tsp baking powder
·1 tsp soda bicarbonate
·1 tbps cider vinegar
·60 g demerara sugar moscavado light
·30 g butter
How to Make Pineapple and mixed berries cake
- Put on the oven and heat at 180 C.
- Butter a 28 x 28 cm tray or any oven dish that is around 28 cm and scatter the remaining butter in little knobs on the bottom of the tray.
- Cut the pineapple into 1 cm thick rings, remove the hard middle part and arrange on the bottom of the tray/dish. Cut a ring or two into smaller pieces to cover the bigger gaps. Put the berries in the center of the pineapples rings and in all the small gaps.
- Sprinkle half of the Demerara/ Moscavado sugar over the pineapple and put in the oven for 20 mins. After the 20 min take out and let it cool slightly.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt, sugar and gradually, while still mixing, add the oil. Beat until is all nice and fluffy. You can beat yolks and whites separately however this isn't necessary.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder and the soda bicarbonate which needs mixing with the spoon of cider vinegar and then put in.
- Add the egg mixture and the yogurt to the flour and mix well with a spatula until is all homogenized.
- Pour this mixture over the cooled pineapple, sprinkle the remainder of the Demarara sugar and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 25' at 180 C and then increase to 190C and bake for another 20-25 min until is nice and golden. Turn the oven off but do not take the cake out. Instead, open slightly the oven (about 2-3 cm, maybe place a towel to help keep it open) and wait until it cools.